A Welcome from Society President - Stuart Goldie
"Welcome to The Bleu du Maine Sheep Society's new web site where I hope you will find all the information you need.
"The new Society web site is very user friendly. You can quickly track down breeders in your area by accessing the members' list along with all the pedigree information you might need via Grassroots. Just follow the links and if you have any unanswered questions please contact our secretary Jane who will always try to help you. Thank you for visiting the site."
The Society, which was formed in 1978 exists to promote the breed through informing, supporting and encouraging members to make the best of their sheep. We aim to provide an efficient and caring framework that provides for the needs of all members wishing to breed, sell and promote Bleu du Maine sheep.
- To create an efficient & accessible society interface with the membership for communication, information & activity.
- To provide through the Bleu du Maine Sheep Society registry an efficient, viable & permanent resource for the breed in the UK
- To provide a permanent, efficient and accessible presence for the Bleu du Maine sheep at agricultural shows & technical events in the UK.
- To create a pool of qualified and experienced judges & establish Bleu du Maine show rules as the sole criteria for judging the breed in the UK.
- To create an accessible informative resource in basic breed knowledge, husbandry and welfare to all members & the general public.
- To use every opportunity to promote membership of the Society and to encourage members to participate in any way they can in the activities of the Society.