With the current situation we have been looking at the likely scenario for our sale in August. Hopefully by then sales of pedigree sheep may be permitted but in the meantime H&H are trialing a new on line action system. Details are below
H&H ON-LINE LIVESTOCK SALES
With the uncertainty of being able to conduct the forthcoming series of Pedigree Breed Sales at Carlisle,
we would like to offer an On-Line ‘Timed Auction Sale’ service to breeders for all types of livestock.
Below are guidelines of the details required from interested consignors for setting up the On-Line Timed
Auction Sale event -
• Compile an ‘On-Line’ sale catalogue of all lots to be offered for sale in the usual way.
• Full pedigree details of the animals for sale will be sourced from the official breed society, along
with any EBV and herd/flock health information.
• A link will also be visible so prospective buyers can view further back into pedigrees if they so
• Images and Videos of sale cattle/sheep to be supplied by the consignors and will be displayed
on-line for buyers viewing.
• Reserve prices will be taken from the vendors prior to the sale.
• A period of 3-4 days will be allowed for prospective buyers to place their bids and they will be
notified if their bid has been out-bid so that the opportunity to place another bid can be given.
• A sale levy/transfer fee will be deducted from the sale proceeds in the usual manner (if
• Sale proceeds will be made once confirmation of sale animal(s) have been delivered. Preferably
all payments will be made by BACS system.
• Breeding / Warranty guarantees – sold under the normal National Beef Association or Livestock
Auctioneers Association conditions of sale.
• The movement/haulage of purchased animal(s) will be agreed between vendor and purchaser.
The purchaser will have 24 hours following delivery to satisfy the soundness of the animal(s).
• Any disputes from the sale of animals to be notified to the auctioneers within 24 hours of arrival.
• Animals will be sold in guineas.
Anyone wishing to see how this system will work, we intend to operate a sale in early April and are
looking to use this event as the first On-Line Timed Auction Sale during these difficult times. We will be
able to take from this any areas which need to be improved for future events.
The above information is a rough guide to the basis of how we intend to carry out the future On-Line
Sales and please accept that under the Government guidelines these could change at any time.
Further information is available from the Auctioneers –
JAMES LITTLE (Beef & Sheep) 07872 840685 GLYN LUCAS (Dairy) 07711 610255
GRANT ANDERSON (Beef & Sheep) 07872 129274 HEATHER PRITCHARD 07714 761311
HARRISON & HETHERINGTON LIMITED
Borderway Mart, Rosehill, Carlisle CA1 2RS