What a scorcher of a trade!
We hope you all feel that this year's new look National Show & Sale was a resounding success. So much so, we have have already booked the 5pm show the evening before for next year.
None of this could ever happen without the team of individuals behind the scenes. In no particular order, we need to thank:
- Our judges, William Baillie (CALLA) and Alice Mullen Shanks (INVERESK)
- A special thank you to Heather and The Team at Harrison & Hetherington
- To Catering staff at The Auctioneer for the wonderful meal
- Wayne Hutchinson; as always
- Richard Pilkington and the Millennium boys with their tup trolley, who worked tirelessly at the end of a long day to ensure we had the photographs needed so we can all benefit from future advertising
- All the people who bid and were underbidders; you really made the trade
- Please note, the show has been booked for 5pm the evening before again for next year
At last the rams have broken the 2,000gns mark, not once but twice. A huge congratulations to Haydon House Partners and to Kenny O'Connor for achieving 3,500gns and 3,400gns respectively.
The whole sale had a great vibe. One thing that was obvious was that quality really does sell. Averages across the board were up from last year, despite a near doubling of numbers. Let's keep that quality rising and not become complacent as Buyers are discerning.
I hope you all felt that new format worked. Please let us know your views. Personally, I felt there was a lovely atmosphere and the post-judging gathering allowed for us to catch up with old friends in a relaxed atmosphere and more people had the chance to peruse the sheep in the pens.
Our next event we look forward to is the Open Day kindly hosted by The McInnes Skinner family on Saturday 11th September. Please RSVP by 31st August to Becky ([email protected]).
Sally Shone ,Chair - Bleu du Maine Sheep Society 14th August 2021